Sunday 24 February 2013

Analysis of network maps - 300 words


Linking to the previous post of my life map, we were to link up any similarities between our own maps against our classmates maps -

I felt that looking at others peoples futures, certain people seemed to know exactly what it is they want to do after they finish their degree, where on the other hand me and a few others are still a bit up in the air about what they want as a career but we all share the same hope of gaining a
good grade from our degree. There was a mixture of outlooks such as working and teaching abroad, as well as doing charity work and being a self employed freelance artist.
Looking at my past and previous experience, I have quite a variety of different skills I had put into practice, from photography and graphics, to textiles; sewing and embroidery, fashion illustration, to working in mixed media and painting, printmaking and 3D sculpture workshops. With all these in mind , there were/are certain workshops I prefered more than others, I enjoyed them more and wanted to try more, these being photography, illustration and a bit of textiles. Similarly a lot of people in the group like to try new materials and mix and match what they want to use, trying to gain more skills, and broaden the horizon.
Some other people in the class have had a bit more experience with doing projects outside of college , for example Karen working on a community mural, and Scott holding his own gallery spaces and selling work also creating his own website display recent works, creating my own personal website and beginning to sell my work is something I really need to start doing and begin to advertise myself and get my name out there. I would probably like to be self employed in the future, working from commissions, and selling personal work. even doing a bit of photography on the side
.


Heres hoping it all goes to plan!

No comments:

Post a Comment